20-01-2012 10:04 AM
Post Count No : 1
Name of the Company : Ministry of Education (moe.gov.pk)
Job Title : Teaching Knowledge
Country : Pakistan
Government of Pakistan
Ministry of Education
Applications are invited to fill the following Pakistan Chairs abroad:
(i) Chair in Urdu and Pakistan Studies, Abylai Khan University, Almaty, Kazakhstan.
(ii) Chair in Urdu and Pakistan Studies, Tehran Univeristy, Iran
(iii) Chair in Urdu and Pakistan Studies, Jordan Univeristy, Amman, Jordan
(iv) Quaid-i-Azam Chair in Pakistan Studies, University of California, Berkeley, USA
(v) Chair in Urdu and Pakistan Studies, Al-Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt
(vi) Chair in Urdu and Pakistan Studies, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
(vii) Chair in Urdu and Pakistan Studies, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal
(viii) Chair in Urdu and Pakistan Studies, Peking University, Beijing, China
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Ph.D degree and experience in teaching and research or a suitably eminent scholar, in the subject of Urdu, Pakistan Studies, International Relations, Political Science, Culture, Visual Arts or History along with at least three well regarded books published on Pakistani Culture or History.
• Minimum 50 years of age.
• Minimum BPS-20.
• Good command on the language in which the subject is to be taught. Preference will be given to candidates having working knowledge of the language of the country of posting, its people, culture and institutions.
• Capability and competence to project the language, history and culture of Pakistan in the host country. Research leading to quality publications during his/her tenure abroad is desirable.
• Applicants having the exposure of teaching in a multi-cultural environment will be given preference
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• The tenure of appointments will three years extendable to a maximum of five years on yearly basis subject to satisfactory performance.
• The terms and conditions of appointment, including the tenure of appointment, will be settled in consultation with the host agency. However, the pay package will include foreign posting allowance, return air passage for self & family, expenses for transportation of personal effects and free furnished accommodation as per entitlement.
The authority reserves the right to relax any condition in case of an exceptionally qualified candidate.
Government servants should route their applications through proper channel.
Applications on the prescribed proforma available free of cost from the office of the undersigned or the Ministry of Education’s website www.moe.gov.pk, must reach the undersigned within 15 days from the date of publication.
Assistant Educational Adviser
Ministry of Education
Shaheed-e-Millat Secretariat Islamabad.